It’s Time to Grow
The current St. Thomas More University Parish building was constructed in 1979, when the church moved from its original home on Boyd Street. It has been a special place for generations of Catholic students and families, but is no longer adequate for the needs of our growing parish family and vibrant student ministry. We have launched the Our Faith, Our Future campaign to raise $6.5 million for the new building.
Here is what our parish will gain with this addition:
1) 300 more seats. Current seating is 435 counting overflow seating. The new chapel will seat about 750.
2) A spacious Parish Hall. The current worship space will be repurposed as a Parish Hall, where we can hold major events including our Chili Bingo and Gala, a range of parish and student activities, and receptions following for weddings and funerals.
3) A designated Student Center that will greatly enhance our Student Ministry. The current church atrium will be repurposed as a Student Center, with chairs and tables for conversation and study.
4) A large Choir Loft for our remarkable music program and a new organ, sized appropriately for a larger space.
5) A Bride’s Room, Nursery, Quieting (cry) Room inside; a new Courtyard and Plaza outside.
Before we break ground, we must raise $6.5 million in pledges and we must have at least $3.25 million deposited. The good news is that we began the campaign with $1.1 million on deposit at the Archdiocese, thanks to gifts made to earlier campaigns and generous private donations.
Campaign pledges can be made over five years, which means you can break your gift down into 60 monthly payments. All gifts of $10,000 ($167 a month) or greater will be recognized on a donor plaque in the narthex of the new church. Naming opportunities begin at $25,000 ($417 a month).
We are doing something extraordinary for the church we love and for the generations of Catholics who will worship, celebrate and grow in faith within the walls of the church we will build. Please join us.